Join Our Team
We are hiring! Locaflora is seeking a part-time retail associate for our shop in downtown Gettysburg - starting work in October!
- Greeting customers and communicating a few of our shop values through your interaction with them.
- Appropriately gauging how to interact with customers: do they want us to be more hands on, or do they want to explore in a more independent manner
- Answering questions about plants, flower orders, and products
- Assisting customers with selecting a plant that is appropriate for their space and lifestyle
- Entering and taking payment for orders through our Point of Sale
Plant care and maintenance:
- Already possesses an intermediate level of plant care knowledge, with excitement to learn more.
- Ability to effectively assist customers pick plants that will thrive depending on available light and knowledge
- Routine watering, pruning
- Assessing plants for pests, cleanliness
- Occasionally assisting with plant repotting
- Consistent attention to plant health throughout the shop
Restocking plants and merchandise:
- Receiving orders and assisting with deliveries
- Adding items to Shopify inventory
- Breaking down boxes upon delivery, placing in appropriate place
- Labeling/tagging products for sale
General floral care:
- Wrapping and trimming bouquets for display at the beginning of the day
- Ensuring all bouquet stems are fully submersed in water
- Ensuring flowers are looking their best
- Ensuring all items are displayed in a non-cluttered, aesthetically pleasing manner
- Making sure merchandise is displayed in a way that is easily accessible for the customer and visually pleasing
- Wiping shelves, mirrors, and windows
- Ensuring the counter space is clean and uncluttered
Timely arrival and departure
- ~12-18 hours per week Thursday-Sunday
- Typical shifts are 4-6 hours long, between 10AM and 4PM
- Training begins Mid-October
- Must be to work holiday weekends (not all actual holidays)
- Interest in our commitment to all things local, and a desire to engage with customers about our products, vendors, and values.
- Friendly, outgoing tendency, with the ability to cultivate a feeling of safety and loyalty in our growing customer community.
- Calm under pressure and able to problem solve as needed.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills. When our neighbors visit the shop, we want them to feel seen and heard, understand the impact their purchases have on our community, and wish to return based on their experience. We want to build a similar relationship with you - trusting, respectful, excited together!
- An insatiable interest in houseplants and caring for them.
- Ability to learn and memorize information about plants and products. While we have resources available for learning about plants (and vendors) and explaining them to customers, it's necessary to memorize this information over time and become an expert on the small collection that we stock regularly.
- Detail oriented and able to multitask.
YOU WILL LIKELY ENJOY THIS JOB IF...
- You support local and want to work with other locally-minded people.
- You like working independently.
- You have a lot of plants, and they all have names.
- You have a passion for speaking with others about plants and flowers.
- You love Gettysburg, and talking up our town to newcomers.
- You like to hustle!
- You like the idea of working with and growing with a small business.
- You enjoy interacting with others and putting them at ease in a customer service setting.
Pay starts at $12/hr. Pay raises are available after 60 days.
All employees receive a 15% off discount, and have access to plants that need immediate adoption.